LKQ stocks a vast inventory of recycled late model, low mileage OEM mechanical and collision parts including but not limited to: engines, transmissions, door assemblies, sheet metal products such as trunk lids, fenders and hoods, lights, and bumper assemblies. All parts are carefully dismantled, cleaned, and tested in one of LKQ’s state-of-the-art dismantling plants. Our wholesale recycling operations typically have processing, sales, distribution and administrative operations on site, indoor and outdoor storage areas, and include a large warehouse with multiple bays to dismantle vehicles.
LKQ buys used and total loss salvage vehicles from auctions and direct from insurers, manufacturers, fleets and individuals. Buying auto parts from LKQ means you’re getting inexpensive, original fit and function, recycled auto parts. You have peace of mind knowing our parts are covered under the most competitive warranties in the automotive industry.
LKQ offers an extensive nationwide inventory of recycled OE, reconditioned, remanufactured, refurbished, and aftermarket automotive and truck parts.
LKQ stocks more clean high-quality recycled OE auto parts than any other recycling group. All parts are carefully dismantled in one of our state-of-the-art dismantling plants, inspected for damage, and inventoried with consistent and accurate descriptions to ensure their quality. Commonly used recycled parts include:
• Door Assemblies
• Head and Tail Lamps
• Bumper Assemblies
• And More
Reconditioning provides a wide range of benefits. It is a cost-effective method of returning used or damaged parts to like-new condition, while reducing waste and passing the savings on to you.
Our professionally trained technicians bring original equipment bumper covers back to like-new condition. Each bumper cover is thoroughly inspected, repaired as necessary, primed and quality certified for the life of the vehicle – guaranteed.
Each lamp meets or exceeds applicable DOT/SAE standards and complies with the U.S. Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, FMVSS-108
Reconditioned with our exclusive process to like-new quality by professionally trained technicians
Our stringent guidelines ensure quality parts at economical prices. All facilities producing our parts are ISO certified.
All parts are carefully dismantled in one of our state-of-the-art dismantling plants, inspected for damage, and inventoried with consistent and accurate descriptions to ensure their quality.
LKQ procures late model, low mileage salvage as the resource for our quality recycled engine line. LKQ recycled engines go through the following process:
- Engines are run and reach operating temperature before dismantling (when possible)
- After viability has been confirmed, all fluids are drained
- Units are removed from vehicle and separated from the transmission
- Compression is checked on all cylinders
- Engines are sealed and banded to pallet
- LKQ recycled engines may include the following parts left on the engine for convenience but are NOT included under the engine warranty:
- A/C Compressor
- Steering Pump
- Air Cleaner Assembly
- Wire Harness
- Exhaust Manifolds
- Throttle Body
- Engine Computer
LKQ recycled engines come with a standard 6-month parts warranty. Additional coverage, including parts and labor, is available.
LKQ recycled transmissions go through the following process:
- All units are run through their shift patterns (if possible) prior to being carefully removed from the vehicle.
- Fluid is drained and transmission is separated from the engine.
- Connectors and cables are carefully unplugged, and inspected for damage.
- Pans are removed for further draining and inspection of fluid.
- Torque converters are removed, drained, inspected and re-attached.
- Units are then sealed, tagged and banded to a pallet.
- Prior to shipping, the unit will be washed as final prep for delivery.
LKQ recycled transmissions come with a standard 6-month parts warranty. Additional coverage, including parts and labor, is available.
Front and Rear Differentials
LKQ recycled differentials go through the following process:
- Front and rear differentials are carefully inspected for damage to wheel, hub and housing.
- Units are removed from vehicle and drained.
- Units inspected for excessive internal wear and broken or damaged internal components.
- Units are inspected visually for leaks in axle or pinion seals.
- Brake components may be included but are not covered under warranty.
- Full floating axles come complete with hubs.
- Semi-floating axles come complete with axle shafts and brake mounting.
LKQ recycled differentials come with a standard 6-month parts warranty. Additional coverage, including parts and labor, is available.