Robyn Swafford (pictured left below), Manager in HR/Payroll, has so much passion for giving back to the community. Among her many initiatives:
- Robyn has a love for people of all ages including
- She has volunteered in her church nursery since 2009 volunteering in most of the nursery rooms at World Outreach Church. Most recently, she has been volunteering with the Infants which she loves so much. Her children have followed in her footsteps and are also part of the nursery team.
- Also, Robyn has been active in her son’s Boy Scout Troop for years and currently holds three positions: Fundraiser Coordinator, Treasurer and Charter Organization Rep.
- Robyn also has a love for Zeta Tau Alpha (ZTA) (sorority) and has been a member for more than 25 years while holding many different positions. Last year, she received her 25-year pin and certificate with a 1995 initiation date in the Iota Chi Chapter at MTSU. In 2021, Robyn received the highest honor at the local level from ZTA: the Certificate of Merit; this was awarded for her time for the following positions: Financial Advisor for the ZTA Chapter at MTSU, Vice President (VP) of Programming for the Nashville Alumnae Chapter, VP of Programming for the Murfreesboro Alumnae Chapter (at the same time while volunteering with the Nashville Alumnae Chapter), and VP of Membership for the Murfreesboro Alumnae Chapter. She has also served as Panhellenic Advisor for the ZTA Chapter at MTSU and held the position of Service Chair previously and holds the Service Chair position currently (working with the Stuff the Bus United Way event to benefit children in need of school supplies as well as taking collected non-perishable food to Blessing Boxes in different areas of Rutherford County). Robyn was selected as Zeta of the Month for August for 2022.
- Robyn’s mom passed away on Thanksgiving in 2022. Robyn’s mom is remembered for her kindness to others such as donating 50 cans of food to a local food bank. In her mom’s memory, Robyn had a Kindness Day in December soon after her mom passed away; it included a hot chocolate and coffee bar for the high school staff at her son’s high school with others from the PTO where they also handed out gift cards for many of the high school staff, it also included taking goodie baskets to the ICU nurses, 4th floor nurses and 8th floor nurses at Summit Hospital where her mom spent time and it also included handing out quarters at Aldi for people to get their grocery carts. Robyn will have more Kindness Days in the future in memory of her mom.
- Robyn has been employed with LKQ for more than 17 years managing the time and attendance system (UKG/Kronos) for US and Canada (including projects with English, Spanish and French). Robyn’s manager recognized her as an LKQ HR Hero for 2021. She has been working with UKG/Kronos since 2000 beginning when she worked at NexTime. Robyn has two degrees from MTSU: BS and MS with a major in Computer Information Systems.