All parts are carefully dismantled in one of our state-of-the-art dismantling plants, inspected for damage, and inventoried with consistent and accurate descriptions to ensure their quality.
LKQ procures late model, low mileage salvage as the resource for our quality recycled engine line. LKQ recycled engines go through the following process:
- Engines are run and reach operating temperature before dismantling (when possible)
- After viability has been confirmed, all fluids are drained
- Units are removed from vehicle and separated from the transmission
- Compression is checked on all cylinders
- Engines are sealed and banded to pallet
- LKQ recycled engines may include the following parts left on the engine for convenience but are NOT included under the engine warranty:
- A/C Compressor
- Steering Pump
- Air Cleaner Assembly
- Wire Harness
- Exhaust Manifolds
- Throttle Body
- Engine Computer
LKQ recycled engines come with a standard 6 month parts warranty. Additional coverage, including parts and labor, is available.
LKQ recycled transmissions go through the following process:
- All units are run through their shift patterns (if possible) prior to being carefully removed from the vehicle.
- Fluid is drained and transmission is separated from the engine.
- Connectors and cables are carefully unplugged, and inspected for damage.
- Pans are removed for further draining and inspection of fluid.
- Torque converters are removed, drained, inspected and re-attached.
- Units are then sealed, tagged and banded to a pallet.
- Prior to shipping, the unit will be washed as final prep for delivery.
LKQ recycled transmissions come with a standard 6 month parts warranty. Additional coverage, including parts and labor, is available.
Front and Rear Differentials
LKQ recycled differentials go through the following process:
- Front and rear differentials are carefully inspected for damage to wheel, hub and housing .
- Units are removed from vehicle and drained.
- Units inspected for excessive internal wear and broken or damaged internal components.
- Units are inspected visually for leaks in axle or pinion seals.
- Brake components may be included but are not covered under warranty.
- Full floating axles come complete with hubs.
- Semi-floating axles come complete with axle shafts and brake mounting.
LKQ recycled differentials come with a standard 6 month parts warranty. Additional coverage, including parts and labor, is available.